The kids requested a smoothie this morning, so I pulled out some frozen fruit and milk. Part way through the process though we decided to have a more solid treat. I’m not sure whether to call it a sorbet or ice-cream, but it sure was yummy!
It was slightly tart from the raspberries but the kids loved it, and it was gone in no time. This sorbet is full of fruit, which of course contains fructose, but in my mind it’s still a very healthy treat because we used the whole fruit and didn’t add any sweetener.
Mango & raspberry sorbet
- handful or two of frozen mango
- handful or two of frozen raspberries
- milk as needed
- Add all ingredients to bowl
- Blend on speed 9, using spatula to help move it all around
- If too thick add a little more milk and repeat.
- Once smooth and creamy scoop in bowls or cups and enjoy!
- mango banana
- banana strawberry
- mixed berry
- any frozen fruit combination!
As you can see it’s not an exact science – and the flavour is only limited by your imagination! And you could make it dairy free by using soy, nut or rice milk. Next time we feel like a frozen treat I think we’ll try mango and banana. Mmmmm!